Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Progress...

POSTER

This was a mini test that I created on Photoshop to see whether my idea will look effective for our poster.

Creating a Slender Man silhouette 

Step 1:
Firstly, I chose an image of Slender Man from Google, which i will cut out on Photoshop.
Step 2:
Using the lasso tool on Photoshop, I carefully cut around the image.

Step 3:
I them pasted the cut out image onto a new layer on top of the eye-pupil.


I thought that the contrast of the black silhouette against the white light from the eye-pupil would look great, because the simple details are always useful. However, I didn't quite like the outcome, as it didn't work well with the rest of the poster, and was too small to notice.  


MAGAZINE COVER
Adding a bloodshot on eye. This was another experiment that I tried out to see if it looked effective.

Step 1: I searched 'eye bloodshot' on Google so that I could insert it on the final girl's eye.

Step 2: Using the lasso tool on Photoshop, I cut around the bloodshot and pasted it onto the final girl's eye.

Step 3: I then used the smudge tool to smudge the edges of the bloodshot, so that the sharp cuts are not visible, and to also make it look more realistic.

Step 4: Adding a black and white filter on the whole image helped the red bloodshot to stand out. It also looked quite frightening and horror-like, while matching our colour scheme of black, white and red.




 ...CHANGING MAGAZINE COVER IMAGE

At first, we decided that the image on our magazine cover would be shown in role of her character, as she is the main victim and looks frightened. However, after researching conventions of Total Film magazine covers, we noticed that the main character on the covers are never displayed like this, which is why we changed our final image.
Therefore, instead of subverting this convention, we decided that we would conform to it.

After alterations and playing around with the conventions, this is how our magazine cover looks. We added the cover lines, button and the film name.
As a group, we think that this image looks more prefessional as it conforms to the conventions of Total Film magazine covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment